Personal Fitness Tips
Expert Tips: Health and fitness
8 TIPS FOR A FRESH APPROACH TO WORKING OUT
1. Stand-up! Try working out without sitting on a bench or stability ball. Cables and dumbbells are easy to use for standing exercises, so think of your normal daily activities and mimic them with a dumbbell or cable exercise. (i.e. Starting a lawnmower)
2. Long Spine. Hinge your body from the hips, knees, and ankles but make sure that the spine, from your tailbone to your head, is always straight.
3. Brace Yourself! Keep your stomach flat and tight. Imagine you are about to get punched in the stomach at all times during exercise. A concave stomach is not tight.
4. Lunge variety. No more forward lunges. Imagine you are standing in the middle of a clock and lunge the direction of the numbers beginning at one and ending at eleven.
5. Push-ups. Try them first on a counter, then a bench and work your way down to the floor.
6. Interval training. Try various intervals during your aerobic activity. Alternating one minute of running/jogging, followed by 2 minutes of speed walking for 20 minutes total will burn more calories than 30 minutes of moderate jogging.
7. Meet a friend. Watch one another’s form and challenge each other.
8. Try a new class. Don’t worry, everyone feels silly the first time!
Tips provided by Robyn Smith, Russian Kettlebell Instructor. Reach Robyn at .
September 9, 2008 Bookmark and Share
Next Beauty Blog: Breast Cancer Early Detection - 3 Steps to Early Detection
Previous Beauty Blog: Bobbi Brown Offers Makeup Advice and Free Tips