Holiday Party Tips
Expert Tips: Health and fitness
With the holiday season upon us the parties will begin and continue until the New Year. There are several things you can do to keep your pounds under control while attending all the parties on your to do list.
1. Eat a small, healthy meal before you go. This will help keep you from filling up on empty calorie snacks at the party.
2. Change up your drink. Opt for a 5 ounce glass of wine rather than the same amount of eggnog. You will save yourself 90+ calories and 12 grams of fat.
3. Carry two drinks, one of them being water. Carry the water in your dominate hand and your alcoholic drink in the other. All of us are more likely to drink from our dominate hand more often.
4. Drink two glasses of water for every one alcoholic drink you consume.
5. If you know you will want to sample everything at the party, try to stay as far away from the food table as possible so you are not doing mindless eating while catching up with old friends.
Enjoy the holidays and remember to continue with your exercise routine even if you are out of town.
December 10, 2008 Bookmark and Share